[TYPO3-dev] blog_example gives error "A cache with identifier "cache_extbase_reflection" does not exist"

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Sun Apr 25 08:20:37 CEST 2010

Ries van Twisk wrote:
> However what you said above is a perfect real world example of:
>
> 'A framework is only great to the person who created it'

It was meant in a slightly different way.
Ten years ago I needed to do a bit more advanced things with Adobe®
Photoshop® [1]. I searched for a good book, but most of the books simply
described all the menu-items, toolbars, etc. but never touched questions
like "how can I do ...?" for real life situations.
I finally found Bouton's "Inside Photoshop 5.5", which described a small
project in each chapter and showed how the various tools and settings
could actually be used.

> Personally I like API's better (so far...)

TYPO3 is also a framework in my opinion. tx_rvteggdroplog_pi1::main()
gets called with the TS configuration by "some part of TYPO3"; there is
no index.php of your own needed for it to work.

Maybe a tutorial which shows off all the features of FLOW3/Extbase/FLUID
(significantly more than "take a look at blog_example") can help create
community support for it?

[1] http://www.adobe.com/misc/trade.html *lol*

--
Jigal van Hemert