[TYPO3-dev] blog_example gives error "A cache with identifier "cache_extbase_reflection" does not exist"

Ries van Twisk typo3 at rvt.dds.nl
Sun Apr 25 04:28:33 CEST 2010

On Apr 24, 2010, at 9:21 AM, Jigal van Hemert wrote:

> Olivier Dobberkau wrote:
>> now how can we take this energy and make the best of it?
>
> I think it would be best if there is a concrete plan for the near
> future. Plans, schedules, deadlines, deliverables, progress,
> documentation, explanations, ... I think you can complete the list.
>
> TYPO3 v.5 still has to start development. FLOW3 doesn't need to be
> 100% finished in order to start building on it.
>
>> i still believe that flow3 is a good idea and a good product so far.
>
> For most developers it's still something vague. I tried to build an
> extension with Extbase (not real FLOW3, but as a back port it should
> come close), but it was pretty complicated to get a working example.
>
> There were some nice features I came across, but honestly with every
> piece of functionality I managed to achieve there were more and more
> questions popping up in my mind.
>
> Documentation is limited to a description of functions, methods, etc.
> The concept of conventions to limit the amount of configuration can
> work very well, but I couldn't easily find documentation about those
> conventions.
>
>> i am not sure if the majority of the dev have grasped the concept of
>> the domain driven development since they have not started to work
>> with the model view yet.
>
> Maybe not, but if you take for example a look at Dmitrys book. It
> describes structure, concepts and illustrates this with a step-by-
> step description of how to create functionalities in an extension.
> Many technical details (such as describing each and every function
> of the core API) are left out of the book, because these can be
> found elsewhere.
>
> From what I've read about DDD I get some idea on how to build
> something simple with concrete objects and how they can be handled.
> An extension to handle news items, persons, etc. (concrete objects)
> is something I can relate to in DDD.
> Now you come back to reality. I want to expand the possibilities of
> fe_users. I want to connect new objects to existing objects
> (existing generic categories used with my new news extension for
> example). I want to search in existing objects. I couldn't even find
> something simple as language labels for my FLUID templates.

Jigal,

interesting. To be honest I need to spend a couple of hours one day
and see if I can understand if I can use it
and really try something. However what you said above is a perfect
real world example of:

'A framework is only great to the person who created it'

Personally I like API's better (so far...)

Ries