[TYPO3-dev] blog_example gives error "A cache with identifier "cache_extbase_reflection" does not exist"

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry.dulepov at gmail.com
Mon Apr 26 09:48:09 CEST 2010

Hi!

Olivier Dobberkau wrote:
> dmitry. you have laid a very good analysis of the situation. now how can
> we take this energy and make the best of it?

I did not come to my computer for the whole weekends, so I reply only now.

The answer will be quite long but I will make it. I plan to write a blog
post named "So you want to create a CMS...". I am not going to say anything
about TYPO3 or FLOW3, just my thoughts about *how* a new CMS should be
developed.

Why a blog post? Because it can be structured much better than a post in
the mailing list.

> i still believe that flow3 is a good idea and a good product so far.

I am skeptic mainly because:
- it is slow even after they seriously optimized performance
- it is hard to learn (harder than Zend Framework, for example)

If you need to make a choice, you would look at least to these two points.
Devotion to the community plays important role for me but if I have to
choose a framework for development, I will use only framework qualities.
My choice will not be FLOW3.

> i am not sure if the majority of the dev have grasped the concept of the
> domain driven development since they have not started to work with the
> model view yet.

Erm... This sounds like a marketing talk :) I do not want DDD if it takes
10 times longer to generate a single page. I just do not need it. I need
the page faster regardless of what approarch the framework uses. So when
choosing, I would not take the framework just because it says terms like
DD, DI, etc. I care about usability (speed, easiness, etc), not hightech.

Some time ago I went to Zend Framework conference and there was a guy who
said they rewrote some parts of their ZF app in plain PHP just to make it
faster. It looks ugly but they are #4 social network in Russia and their
pages are fast. Practical approach wins when people need to make money.
This should be one of our major criteria for the framework: to be
practical. Pure "imho", of course :)

> acceptance and relevance of a technology makes the success of it.

No :) Good user experience makes a success for the product :)

> we need to leave the lab and get on the street!

This is good! Then we will clearly see if FLOW3 worth using :)

> ps: i really enjoy the open discusion in the TYPO3 community.

Me too! I think it is a major advantage of our community: we can speak
about everything professionally and with minimum emotions.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 expert / TYPO3 security team member