[TYPO3-dev] blog_example gives error "A cache with identifier "cache_extbase_reflection" does not exist"

Chris Zepernick {SwiftLizard} chris at swift-lizard.com
Thu Apr 22 23:11:45 CEST 2010

Ries,

> I understand what you are saying here,

and I totally agree with your statements ;-)

> However not everybody has that kinda budget and there is this turning point
> where hourly rates are much more expensive then a 100euro/month hosting.
> Then you simply go to a 200euro/month hosting and save in the end a lot
> of money.

Thats what I meant by saying that for 80% performance will not be a real
issue (in the other mail at this topic), in the end we all know it is
simply a matter of summing up the numbers.

> What worries me is development speed. I am going to say something I
> shouldn't
> but if these frameworks are really that fast in developments they should
> be simple to
> use also.

I agree 100%, this is something that worries me too, and is one of my
main concerns since I first started to test Flow3.

> The problem with most/all frameworks is that only the designer can get
> 100% out of it.
> Since we (regular developers) didn't design the framework it would takes
> us a LONG time to
> get up to speed (develop fast). I think that FLOW3/FLUID are complex
> frameworks to work under
> and it quite some investment from a developer to get most out of it.

Jap, and it will be a lot harder for common php - devs, because Flow3 is
real software development, with all up and "down sides". If one starts
the development with Flow3 he /she has to have knowledge about AOP, DI,
Namespacing and especialy software design and architecture as well as
real OOP, and not the stuff you see on most of the extensions in TER.

This will not make it easy in any case to find an entry point to flow
development. But on the other side this opens the door for people rearly
seen in the community of Typo3,... software architects and software
consultants, and might bring us really to the enterprise level software
we claimed for years.

> So I think
> development speed (1) only applies to the designers and much less to the
> regular developers using the framework.

I agree 100%

> It's not for nothing that AdoDB and Smarty where/are really popular
> 'frameworks' (they are not really),
> they where just so damn easy to use!!!

Jap,... this is also the reason that so many companys use tv, and why
the TER made us that popular.

> Something else: The current position of FLOW3/FLUID and TYPO3 V5 for
> that matter is that there are not enough resources available to make
 > this into something we can actually use any time soon.

I think we all know about this problem. To my mind this is the result
of two things, first neither the association nor the core devs wanted to
have companys distributing developers because of the possible influences
these companys might try to achive.

The other might be that as most of us grow older we all have familys to
feed and rather spend time with them then contributing time for the
community, because mostly you will never get any money out of this work,
and certain people will come and demand you working for free on their
problems.

Youthful enthusiasm vanishes by the time you get older I think, because
other things are more important then recognition and appreciation as
time goes by.

Perhaps the ones of us, me included, that are not already contributing
to the community should find some of this enthusiasm again. The only way
I was contributing the last years was to get more and more companys and
agencys to work with typo3 and understand it and the power it provides.

cheers

Chris