[TYPO3-dev] blog_example gives error "A cache with identifier "cache_extbase_reflection" does not exist"

Jochen Rau jochen.rau at typoplanet.de
Sun Apr 25 09:54:11 CEST 2010

Hi Chris.

On 22.04.10 23:11, Chris Zepernick {SwiftLizard} wrote:
[...]
>> The problem with most/all frameworks is that only the designer can get
>> 100% out of it.
>> Since we (regular developers) didn't design the framework it would takes
>> us a LONG time to
>> get up to speed (develop fast). I think that FLOW3/FLUID are complex
>> frameworks to work under
>> and it quite some investment from a developer to get most out of it.
>
> Jap, and it will be a lot harder for common php - devs, because Flow3 is
> real software development, with all up and "down sides". If one starts
> the development with Flow3 he /she has to have knowledge about AOP, DI,
> Namespacing and especialy software design and architecture as well as
> real OOP, and not the stuff you see on most of the extensions in TER.
>
> This will not make it easy in any case to find an entry point to flow
> development. But on the other side this opens the door for people rearly
> seen in the community of Typo3,... software architects and software
> consultants, and might bring us really to the enterprise level software
> we claimed for years.

I fully agree. The average PHP developer (not only in the TYPO3
community) isn't aware of enterprise level software development. That’s
why Extbase has also a strategical dimension (besides the fact that is
useful for extension development and increases the portability). Extbase
enables the v4 developers to learn the new programming paradigms now.
They don't have to wait for FLOW3/v5. Even if there are only a few brave
guys, there will be a multiplier effect. And thus, I am very excited
about the fact that there are already a lot of active "consultants" for
FLOW3 the extbase mailing list.

Regards
Jochen