[TYPO3-dev] Frontend plugin - storing a list of objects

Boros Attila attila at thebat.net
Wed Apr 21 21:30:26 CEST 2010

Hello Dmitry,

DD> Hi!

DD> Boros Attila wrote:
>> I need to store the properties of meeting rooms in a frontend plugin.
>> In the frontend it should look like a table:
>>
>> +-----------+---------------+-------------+-------------+
>> | Room name | Square meters | Seat type 1 | Seat type 2 |
>> +-----------+---------------+-------------+-------------+
>> | Pietro    |      46       |     60      |      30     |
>> +-----------+---------------+-------------+-------------+
>> | Pio       |      37       |     40      |      24     |
>> +-----------+---------------+-------------+-------------+
>>
>> There can be any number of rows. I'm trying to create a new extension
>> with the kickstarter but there is nothing like "list of something" in
>> the field type list. How could I do this?

DD> Well, this is more a general programing question than TYPO3 :) How do you
DD> connect many values to a single database record? You create another table
DD> with that data and reference the parent table. So it will be 1:n relation
DD> (1 room to N seat types).

Well I knew the "general programming" answer. Sorry if my question was
not clear enough. I don't know how a content editor could edit that
structure in the backend. I guess there should be a button to
add/remove rows, but what is the TYPO3 way to do this? Can I alter the
"plugin options" interface with Javascript DOM? Is it possible to
write a custom interface for it? Do I need to do that or is there an
easier way?

P.S. I'm reading TYPO3 Extension Development, thank you for writing
it!

--
Attila