[TYPO3-dev] Frontend plugin - storing a list of objects

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry.dulepov at gmail.com
Wed Apr 21 20:58:02 CEST 2010

Hi!

Boros Attila wrote:
> I need to store the properties of meeting rooms in a frontend plugin.
> In the frontend it should look like a table:
>
> +-----------+---------------+-------------+-------------+
> | Room name | Square meters | Seat type 1 | Seat type 2 |
> +-----------+---------------+-------------+-------------+
> | Pietro    |      46       |     60      |      30     |
> +-----------+---------------+-------------+-------------+
> | Pio       |      37       |     40      |      24     |
> +-----------+---------------+-------------+-------------+
>
> There can be any number of rows. I'm trying to create a new extension
> with the kickstarter but there is nothing like "list of something" in
> the field type list. How could I do this?

Well, this is more a general programing question than TYPO3 :) How do you
connect many values to a single database record? You create another table
with that data and reference the parent table. So it will be 1:n relation
(1 room to N seat types).

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 expert / TYPO3 security team member