[TYPO3-dev] Frontend plugin - storing a list of objects

bernd wilke t3ng at pi-phi.tk
Wed Apr 21 23:10:56 CEST 2010

On Wed, 21 Apr 2010 22:30:26 +0300 Boros Attila wrote:

> Well I knew the "general programming" answer. Sorry if my question was
> not clear enough. I don't know how a content editor could edit that
> structure in the backend. I guess there should be a button to add/remove
> rows, but what is the TYPO3 way to do this? Can I alter the "plugin
> options" interface with Javascript DOM? Is it possible to write a custom
> interface for it? Do I need to do that or is there an easier way?

building an extension in the kickstarter will provide you with nearly the
complete extension (if you find the appropiate 'buttons' (mostly
checkboxes))

the BE-editing is enabled as soon, as TYPO3 knows about the table.
in the kickstarter:
1 start a new extension,
2 create a new table
3 insert your needed fields
(4 create a FE-plugin, which should display the records of the table)
5 save extension
6 install extension

now you can insert and edit records.

On creation the extension you can restrict access for editors (if you
choosed the correct checkboxes) to the table at whole or single fields
only.
You can restrict records to be created and saved to sysfolders only or
every page.

bernd
--
http://www.pi-phi.de/cheatsheet.html