[TYPO3-dev] 4.3 PageIncludes

Christopher Torgalson bedlamhotel at gmail.com
Thu Oct 29 00:39:38 CET 2009

Hi,

On Wed, Oct 28, 2009 at 4:24 PM, Thomas "Thasmo" Deinhamer
<thasmo at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I read thru all of the mails regarding this
> topic and I'm not sure if I should love or hate
> the adjusted include possibilities.
>
> On the one hand it's more flexible now to include
> files like stylesheets and scripts, but on the other
> hand all those new typoscript objects are used
> for the 'same' purpose, while having different names.
>
> You mentioned, that you already had the idea in mind,
> to add a settings like footer = 1, which would place
> the script etc. to the footer instead of using
> JSfooter (or whatever).
>
> What about something like this:
>
> page.includeJS {
>        <name> = fileadmin/holds/the/script.js
>        <name> {
>                implementation = external|inline
>                compression = 0|1
>                position = top|bottom
>                asset/base = 0|1
>        }
> }
>
> Legend:
> integration.... type of include, external or inline
> compression.... compression for smaller filesize
> position....... position in the document
> asset or base.. will substitute the file as mandatory (library etc.)
>
> This is still a raw idea, but imho it's a better approach to
> introduce no new opjects, but to provide new members/options.
>
> Any thoughts?

This is a very good idea. If I read it correctly (perhaps I didn't?),
the other scheme would only put ALL scripts in the head or footer.
Sometimes it's necessary to put some scripts in each spot...

--
Christopher Torgalson
http://www.typo3apprentice.com/