[TYPO3-dev] 4.3 PageIncludes

Thomas "Thasmo" Deinhamer thasmo at gmail.com
Thu Oct 29 00:24:43 CET 2009

Hello!

I read thru all of the mails regarding this
topic and I'm not sure if I should love or hate
the adjusted include possibilities.

On the one hand it's more flexible now to include
files like stylesheets and scripts, but on the other
hand all those new typoscript objects are used
for the 'same' purpose, while having different names.

You mentioned, that you already had the idea in mind,
to add a settings like footer = 1, which would place
the script etc. to the footer instead of using
JSfooter (or whatever).

What about something like this:

page.includeJS {
	<name> = fileadmin/holds/the/script.js
	<name> {
		implementation = external|inline
		compression = 0|1
		position = top|bottom
		asset/base = 0|1
	}
}

Legend:
integration....	type of include, external or inline
compression....	compression for smaller filesize
position.......	position in the document
asset or base..	will substitute the file as mandatory (library etc.)

This is still a raw idea, but imho it's a better approach to
introduce no new opjects, but to provide new members/options.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!