[TYPO3-dev] Eclipse Settings and Tools

Stefan Geith typo3dev2008.nospam1 at geithware.de
Thu May 21 12:16:29 CEST 2009

Steffen Kamper schrieb:
> Stefan Geith schrieb:
>> Starting with Eclipse seems _so_ comlicated to me ...
>> and I (as so often) don't have too much time for research.
>>

> really? What is the main problem?
>
> I several time installed eclipse, though it's not my main editor.
> Installing the "all-in-one" PDT is very easy, and all is included to
> start working, you don't need a plugin.
>
> What it's not easy is that there are so much packages for eclipse as
> it's for all language, and each has a different IDE.
>
> Start here for download:
> http://www.eclipse.org/pdt/downloads/
>
> No install needed, put the zip content where ever you want, run eclipse.
>
> Then make "New PHP project", normally use "Create project from existing
> source" - that's it.
>
> All other things like installing plugins can be done later.

Sure - I did that.

But then the questions begin:
- Where should be the workspaces stored: in a separate path or
   in the projects basepath ?
- Do I set the Project to the complete Typo3-Installation or
   only to my typo3conf/ext folder ?
   - If so: how do I include relations to t3lib etc.
- What Editor-Settings should I use (_this_ I found
   on Marios Blog-Entry)
- How do I work with Subversion ? Right now I still use
   TortoiseSVN - no Eclipse-Plugin

And as soon, I found out how it works (or how I circumvent
a problem) the next issue arrises ...

So maybe I should try again, when I have a little more time
to explore things ;)

/Stefan