[TYPO3-dev] Eclipse Settings and Tools

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Thu May 21 11:56:19 CEST 2009

Stefan Geith schrieb:

> Starting with Eclipse seems _so_ comlicated to me ...
> and I (as so often) don't have too much time for research.

really? What is the main problem?

I several time installed eclipse, though it's not my main editor.
Installing the "all-in-one" PDT is very easy, and all is included to
start working, you don't need a plugin.

What it's not easy is that there are so much packages for eclipse as
it's for all language, and each has a different IDE.

Start here for download:
http://www.eclipse.org/pdt/downloads/

No install needed, put the zip content where ever you want, run eclipse.

Then make "New PHP project", normally use "Create project from existing
source" - that's it.

All other things like installing plugins can be done later.

vg Steffen