[TYPO3-dev] Eclipse Settings and Tools

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry.dulepov at gmail.com
Thu May 21 12:58:43 CEST 2009

Hi!

Stefan Geith wrote:
> But then the questions begin:
> - Where should be the workspaces stored: in a separate path or
>   in the projects basepath ?

Workspaces contain projects. Use the default proposed path for the workspace.

> - Do I set the Project to the complete Typo3-Installation or
>   only to my typo3conf/ext folder ?

It depends on your goals. See Marcus mail above and my reply to it. I prefer to set up a comple web site as a project.

>   - If so: how do I include relations to t3lib etc.

When you create a project, you can specify libraries. Point to t3lib and typo3 directories there.

> - What Editor-Settings should I use (_this_ I found
>   on Marios Blog-Entry)

There is a link above to my site.

> - How do I work with Subversion ? Right now I still use
>   TortoiseSVN - no Eclipse-Plugin

I think PDT has a built–in SVN plugin. You need to switch to SVN perspective, define your SVN server there, switc h back to PHP, right click on the project and in the "Team" pop up menu say "Connect..." or similar. Eclipse will reuse already existing SVN information in the directory.

> And as soon, I found out how it works (or how I circumvent
> a problem) the next issue arrises ...

This is life :)

--
Dmitry Dulepov