[TYPO3-dev] Versioning module

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Sat Mar 28 14:53:31 CET 2009

Hi Masi,

Martin Kutschker schrieb:
> Sonja Scholz schrieb:
>> As discussed in the t-3.general mailing list I will move the workspace
>> stuff from mod/user/ws to the sysext/version module. Then, in my
>> optinion, the next step is to clean and improve the versioning/workspace
>> part if it is all at one place.
>
> I still think that moving the WS UI to sysext/version is wrong.
> Versioning may exist without WS, but WS depends on versioning. IMHO the
> proper way is that either sysext/workspace extends sysext/version
> directly (either by XCLASS or by extending the classes "properly") or
> that sysext/verions provides hooks or an API so that sysext/workspace
> can extend/modify it.

full ack.
But some steps before has to be done imho:
The versioning sysext should be a GUI only. All the functionality on
version records should go to a new class like
t3lib_versioning
At the moment most of the used functions are in t3lib_BEfunc which is
very untransparent, as this class is a mixture of functionality same
like t3lib_div.

Next step a t3lib_workspaces could extend t3lib_versioning and add
functionality there.

Next step tcemain should use these files.

This would be the best to get transparency into the whole thing, which
isn't the case now, and which makes it really difficult to understand
the big picture behind versions and workspaces.

As last step a new sysext workspaces could get the GUI for workspace
handling. Doing this before would complicate the whole process.

just my 2 cents.

vg Steffen