[TYPO3-dev] Versioning module

Martin Kutschker masi-no at spam-typo3.org
Sat Mar 28 14:28:13 CET 2009

Sonja Scholz schrieb:

> As discussed in the t-3.general mailing list I will move the workspace
> stuff from mod/user/ws to the sysext/version module. Then, in my
> optinion, the next step is to clean and improve the versioning/workspace
> part if it is all at one place.

I still think that moving the WS UI to sysext/version is wrong.
Versioning may exist without WS, but WS depends on versioning. IMHO the
proper way is that either sysext/workspace extends sysext/version
directly (either by XCLASS or by extending the classes "properly") or
that sysext/verions provides hooks or an API so that sysext/workspace
can extend/modify it.

As for the underlying API: as we know the code is scattered. Most of the
processing code is within TCEmain, but various initialization and check
code is to be found in many other classes. I think it is possible to
extract all those code fragements and functions (besides the one in
TCEmain which should stay there) and move it to one or two dedicated WS
classes.

Masi