[TYPO3-dev] Javascript Minify-Manager

Oliver Leitner shadow333 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 9 12:36:20 CET 2009

Hi peoples

I was standing in front of the same problem with javascript a few
months ago, my solution was, to remove all unneeded javascript from my
page (Who really needs ajax on searchfields etc...), that helped alot
with loading times n stuff (dont forget to remove stuff that
extensions include statically...)

Whenever i do Extensions i try to avoid javascript as best as possible...

Greetings
Oliver Leitner

On Mon, Mar 9, 2009 at 12:29 PM, Christopher Lörken
<christopher at loerken.net> wrote:
> Dmitry Dulepov schrieb:
>> My points are:
>> - t3lib_div minification is ok for small scripts
>> - for large or static script the web site developers should minify scripts manually
>> - for the point above developer just should not be lazy :)
>>

> Hi Dmitry,
>
> firstly, I think developers are in fact lazy but the larger problem I
> see is, that everything that one does manually:
>
> - tends to be forgotten
> - costs time
> - is extremely error-prone
>
> It might be bad practice for an agency developing well-tested extensions
> for their customers, but some sites, as ours, have very active
> development going on that might result in various changes of the JS over
>  an extended period.
>
> If it is a one time setup one might be willing to compress the code by
> hand... If it is ongoing development that is really annoying.
>

> Oh and I like your blog as well :)
>
> Cheers,
> Christopher

Oliver Leitner