[TYPO3-dev] Javascript Minify-Manager

Christopher Lörken christopher at loerken.net
Mon Mar 9 12:29:43 CET 2009

Dmitry Dulepov schrieb:
> My points are:
> - t3lib_div minification is ok for small scripts
> - for large or static script the web site developers should minify scripts manually
> - for the point above developer just should not be lazy :)

Hi Dmitry,

firstly, I think developers are in fact lazy but the larger problem I
see is, that everything that one does manually:

- tends to be forgotten
- costs time
- is extremely error-prone

It might be bad practice for an agency developing well-tested extensions
for their customers, but some sites, as ours, have very active
development going on that might result in various changes of the JS over
  an extended period.

If it is a one time setup one might be willing to compress the code by
hand... If it is ongoing development that is really annoying.

Oh and I like your blog as well :)

Cheers,
Christopher