[TYPO3-dev] Javascript Minify-Manager

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry at typo3.org
Thu Mar 5 21:10:47 CET 2009

Hi!

Sebastian Gebhard wrote:
> Just hypothetically: Would it be possible to ship it with TYPO3 (license)?

No because command line utilities differ for every platform. We can compile for Windows or Mac OS X but for Linux it is hardly possible: each distribution has its own libraries, they are often in different places and not very compatible.

> Do you agree _IF_ TYPO3 had such a Minify-Manager and _IF_ jsmin was
> available, it would be a big step forward?
>
> It would mean shorter loading time for the clients, lower server load
> and admins and extension developers would not have to be worried about
> minifying JS.

My points are:
- t3lib_div minification is ok for small scripts
- for large or static script the web site developers should minify scripts manually
- for the point above developer just should not be lazy :)

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 core team