[TYPO3-dev] Are performance improvements part of maintaince releases?

Ingmar Schlecht ingmar at typo3.org
Fri Jun 26 14:06:34 CEST 2009

Hi Ingo,

Ingo Renner wrote:
> well yes, but there're also quite some good arguments against it.

The only argument that I think you broad forward was that it's a rule to
only have bugfixes in patch level releases and you don't want to make an
exception here.

Rupi has done a careful analysis that the patch has nearly zero risk to
break something and it seems you don't object that.

>>> Please see my arguments. The patch is not lost, it is available with
>>> 4.3, which is another reason why I don't really get all the whirl
>>> about it.
>>
>> Of course it's not lost, but I would prefer to have an official release
>> with the patch included,
>
> what's wrong with 4.3, won't it be an official release?

The problem is that 4.3 is still not in beta phase (let alone RC or
final) and people might not be able to upgrade due to other restrictions.

Just to make that clear...

cheers
Ingmar