[TYPO3-dev] Are performance improvements part of maintaince releases?

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Fri Jun 26 15:34:41 CEST 2009

Hi Ingmar,

Ingmar Schlecht wrote:
> The only argument that I think you broad forward was that it's a rule to
> only have bugfixes in patch level releases and you don't want to make an
> exception here.

That's exactly the situation I wrote about this morning: stick to a rule
because it was once decided that the rule should be like that.

Oh man, the situation is going from bad to worse... XCLASS extensions
for performances bugfixes which keep security patches from working.
Performance getting worse instead of better during the entire lifetime
of a major release...

--
Jigal van Hemert.