[TYPO3-dev] Are performance improvements part of maintaince releases?

JoH asenau info at cybercraft.de
Fri Jun 26 14:03:15 CEST 2009

>>> Please see my arguments. The patch is not lost, it is available with
>>> 4.3, which is another reason why I don't really get all the whirl
>>> about it.
>>
>> Of course it's not lost, but I would prefer to have an official
>> release with the patch included,
>
> what's wrong with 4.3, won't it be an official release?

Of course, but it will be an up*grade* not just an up*date*.

So if one wants to increase performance, he/she has to "buy" the rest of 4.3
too.
There are many major changes and new features in this upcoming release that
have not been tested in real life so far, that might prevent people from
doing so. Another drawback is, that the current version of 4.3 will just eat
up the performance gain completely.

So if I had to decide between going for 4.3 on a live project just to try if
it might outperform 4.2 or using an updated 4.2 with improved performance, I
would always go for the latter.

Have a nice weekend

Joey

Dieter Nuhr, German comedian