[TYPO3-dev] Are performance improvements part of maintaince releases?

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Wed Jun 24 12:29:17 CEST 2009

Hi Steffen,

> I just read the whole thread.
> I'm completely with the majority that we should have such performance
> improovements in patchlevels.
>
> But as I figured out in Core Discussion and in addition in this thread,
> this is not a democratic descision. There last-words-people which are
> against it. I do not think that their arguments are "not good" enough,
> but if I outweigh the situation, I'm just the other way around.

I'm sorry if it looks like this, I tried to express my reasons. I'm open
for dialogue as long as it brings us forward or helps to understand each
others view. However, this also requires that you understand that many
users do not care about performance as their site performs quite well.
So why should we take this risk?

> Both possibilities will some kind "break" the harmony in the dev-rounds
> for a longer time, since it is a hot topic and everyone needs to be
> satisfied. We are still humans... so this can't be disowned.

I'm really not emotional about this topic, dont'y worry. I just think
that there is an important target group whose interest must be defended,
as it seems most of you ignore them completely.

What is the reason for it?

- michael
--
Use a newsreader! Check out