[TYPO3-dev] Are performance improvements part of maintaince releases?

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Wed Jun 24 11:22:46 CEST 2009

Steffen Ritter wrote: on 24.06.2009 10:22:
> Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] schrieb:
>> The idea was already considered, but not by having "patched classes" to
>> be downloaded, but having an extension that XCLASSes those classes with
>> the patched code (i.e. typo3_42_speed). Very simple and "everybody" can
>> be happy with that in my eyes.
>
> I really thing XCLASS Extensions should not produced! I especially did
> not say "improvements to ter". I said, have a improvement package at the
> packages page, which is a big difference.
> Having patched classes is more clean, and a more publisher-going way...

Who should maintain that? There are no volunteers that can keep up to
this task, even if initial excitement is there. I don't see it happening
in the long and even mid term.

TER is open for everyone and creating such an extension can be done on a
case-by-case basis. If you prefer to create a "package", you can offer
that for download on your homepage, as GPL allows you to do. I doubt
that our release managers want to cope with this additional task.

Cheers,
Ernesto