[TYPO3-dev] Static tables missing countries

Sebastian Gebhard sebastian.gebhard at googlemail.com
Sat Jul 18 13:51:50 CEST 2009

Ries van Twisk schrieb:
> hey All,
>
> it appears that Static Table Countries are missing the following
> countries:  England, Scotland, Wales and NOrthern Ireland
>
> I did got some 'funny' comments from my client about that :D
>
> Anybody what to shed a light on this???
>
> Ries

In the end the Webmaster of the project that uses static_info_tables has
to decide what he wants to display on his website. Maybe he needs the
ISO standards, maybe the distiction of Scottland, England, Wales and
Northern Ireland is important for him, maybe he considers Tibet or
Abkhazia (belonging to Georgia according to ISO) as souvereign countries.

1. static_info_tables should not cover every territory that someone
considers as a country.

2. There should be ONE(!) extension, extending static_info_tables
containing territories who are
  (a) in common sense often refered as countries (like England)
  (b) consider themselves as souvereign countries and have a
de-facto-regime (like Abkhazia, but not like Kurdistan which has no
de-facto-regime)

Of course creating such a list is hard and maybe impossible, but I
consider it as the way to help most people creating good websites.