[TYPO3-dev] Static tables missing countries

Ries van Twisk typo3 at rvt.dds.nl
Sat Jul 18 14:13:25 CEST 2009

On Jul 18, 2009, at 6:51 AM, Sebastian Gebhard wrote:

> Ries van Twisk schrieb:
>> hey All,
>>
>> it appears that Static Table Countries are missing the following
>> countries:  England, Scotland, Wales and NOrthern Ireland
>>
>> I did got some 'funny' comments from my client about that :D
>>
>> Anybody what to shed a light on this???
>>
>> Ries
>>

> In the end the Webmaster of the project that uses static_info_tables
> has
> to decide what he wants to display on his website. Maybe he needs the
> ISO standards, maybe the distiction of Scottland, England, Wales and
> Northern Ireland is important for him, maybe he considers Tibet or
> Abkhazia (belonging to Georgia according to ISO) as souvereign
> countries.
>
> 1. static_info_tables should not cover every territory that someone
> considers as a country.

Sebastian, it should cover ISO, I didn't read the doc about
static_tables (is there any??)
but if it covers ISO then at least it's a clear standard (no
confusion) from TYPO3's perspective.

See the rest of the thread....

> 2. There should be ONE(!) extension, extending static_info_tables
> containing territories who are
>  (a) in common sense often refered as countries (like England)
>  (b) consider themselves as souvereign countries and have a
> de-facto-regime (like Abkhazia, but not like Kurdistan which has no
> de-facto-regime)
>
> Of course creating such a list is hard and maybe impossible, but I
> consider it as the way to help most people creating good websites.

Like I said in a other mail,  I will make my own little Countries
table for
this extension...

thanks for the reply though....