[TYPO3-dev] Static tables missing countries

Ries van Twisk typo3 at rvt.dds.nl
Thu Jul 16 18:33:06 CEST 2009

On Jul 16, 2009, at 10:52 AM, Stanislas Rolland wrote:

> Hi,
>>
>> it appears that Static Table Countries are missing the following
>> countries:  England, Scotland, Wales and NOrthern Ireland
>>
>> I did got some 'funny' comments from my client about that :D
>>
>> Anybody what to shed a light on this???
>>
> As indicated in the manual
> (http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/extension-manuals/static_info_tables/2.1.1/view/1/1/#id4616468
> ),
> the contents of Static Tables complies with international standards;
> in
> the case of countries, the applicable standard is ISO 3166-1. The
> table
> is updated whenever the ISO standard is updated. I do not think it
> would
> be a good idea for the Static Info Tables extension to diverge from
> the
> standards. However, you may extend the tables and their contents to
> fit
> your specific needs.
>
> Regards,
> Stanislas

As mentioned by Rupert already...

it was just that although the table follows ISO,
not all people do in there minds.... so England, Scotland etc
where missing from the list of what some people call 'countries'.

"Have you been to Scotland?" (meaning the country) is a usualy question
one might ask somebody else, normally the question would not be
"have you bean to United Kingdom

Ries