[TYPO3-dev] Static tables missing countries

Stanislas Rolland typo3 at sjbr.ca
Thu Jul 16 17:52:39 CEST 2009

Hi,

> it appears that Static Table Countries are missing the following
> countries:  England, Scotland, Wales and NOrthern Ireland
>
> I did got some 'funny' comments from my client about that :D
>
> Anybody what to shed a light on this???

As indicated in the manual
(http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/extension-manuals/static_info_tables/2.1.1/view/1/1/#id4616468),
the contents of Static Tables complies with international standards; in
the case of countries, the applicable standard is ISO 3166-1. The table
is updated whenever the ISO standard is updated. I do not think it would
be a good idea for the Static Info Tables extension to diverge from the
standards. However, you may extend the tables and their contents to fit
your specific needs.

Regards,
Stanislas