[TYPO3-dev] CSC and ContentRendering Team

Susanne Moog typo3 at susannemoog.de
Sat Feb 14 08:59:13 CET 2009

Hi,

Steffen Ritter schrieb:
> Martin Kutschker schrieb:
>> I guess you can create a simpler and leaner CR from scratch. Probably
>> this is the way to go for you, because you cannot change CSC now very
>> much. Changing the structure of the tags and the CSS classes is no
> Well that's quite true... We eventually could ship csc2 as sysext,
> marking current csc deprecated handling like deprecated functions in
> core...
> A clean content rendering templates could be used in newer version which
> we might provide an following version. It also might be a basis on which
>  typo3 5 might start off...

my current proposal for being able to change things with csc around is
to split the csc templates by version, so that those who upgrade can
just include the old version of csc to get the same rendering as before
with the same classes and all while the ones starting new pages from
scratch can use the current ts template with new features and cleaner
rendering. (I have posted a patch for this to the corelist)

> so i would really look forward (and in addition would participate in
> developing) to an new content rendering, since looking at a correct
> behavior takes a lot of time everytime...

A tiny bit of discussion about csc takes place at the content rendering
list (typo3.projects.content-rendering). Perhaps we can really get a
better csc to one of the next TYPO3 versions. Would really be nice to see.

Regards,

Susanne