[TYPO3-dev] CSC and ContentRendering Team

Steffen Ritter info at rs-websystems.de
Sat Feb 14 10:20:06 CET 2009

Susanne Moog schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> Steffen Ritter schrieb:
>> Martin Kutschker schrieb:
>>> I guess you can create a simpler and leaner CR from scratch. Probably
>>> this is the way to go for you, because you cannot change CSC now very
>>> much. Changing the structure of the tags and the CSS classes is no
>> Well that's quite true... We eventually could ship csc2 as sysext,
>> marking current csc deprecated handling like deprecated functions in
>> core...
>> A clean content rendering templates could be used in newer version which
>> we might provide an following version. It also might be a basis on which
>>  typo3 5 might start off...
>
> my current proposal for being able to change things with csc around is
> to split the csc templates by version, so that those who upgrade can
> just include the old version of csc to get the same rendering as before
> with the same classes and all while the ones starting new pages from
> scratch can use the current ts template with new features and cleaner
> rendering. (I have posted a patch for this to the corelist)

sounds good,
I'm gonna have a look at your patch.

> list (typo3.projects.content-rendering). Perhaps we can really get a
> better csc to one of the next TYPO3 versions. Would really be nice to see.

I know, but since it is quite dead - the last reactivating in decemeber
did not kick off any new aims/projects - I thought it would be good to
discuss it in a group more people will read. Maybe wie might find new
people feeling able to support the aims.

happy valentine ;)

Steffen