[TYPO3-dev] Change in BE context menus?

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Fri Feb 13 13:31:36 CET 2009

Hi,

> due to the security problems in 4.2.5, I updated several installs of
> 4.2.3 to 4.2.6. Now, one of the editors tells me that the behaviour of
> the BE context menu has changed. If I now click on a page icon in
> the page tree and select "Edit", I'll end up with the page properties,
> just as if I had selected "Edit page properties". "Edit" used to
> take me to the page or list view as if I had clicked on the page
> title.
> Given the redundancy, I'm wondering if this change was intentional. It
> does certainly confuse editors who used to go through the menu (for
> whatever reason). Is this a bug? Should I report it on the bug tracker
> instead of posting here?

You should try to reproduce this change of behaviour with two installs
running side by side. If it really changed, then report it as a bug
(regression) on the bug tracker.

If it is really a change of behaviour (and it may, I do not say the
contrary), then best would be to be able to say that the change occured
between version 4.2.x and 4.2.y where y = x+1 and not between 4.2.3 and
4.2.6. It may help a lot pointing out what changed.

--
Xavier Perseguers
http://xavier.perseguers.ch/en