[TYPO3-dev] Change in BE context menus?

Christian Lerrahn typo3 at penpal4u.net
Fri Feb 13 16:33:43 CET 2009

Hi Xavier,
> > due to the security problems in 4.2.5, I updated several installs of
> > 4.2.3 to 4.2.6. Now, one of the editors tells me that the behaviour
> > of the BE context menu has changed. If I now click on a page icon in
> > the page tree and select "Edit", I'll end up with the page
> > properties, just as if I had selected "Edit page properties".
> > "Edit" used to take me to the page or list view as if I had clicked
> > on the page title.
> > Given the redundancy, I'm wondering if this change was intentional.
> > It does certainly confuse editors who used to go through the menu
> > (for whatever reason). Is this a bug? Should I report it on the bug
> > tracker instead of posting here?
>
> You should try to reproduce this change of behaviour with two
> installs running side by side. If it really changed, then report it
> as a bug (regression) on the bug tracker.

I did check that on two installs already. I also checked on an old
install if the behaviour was different and found it to be different.

> If it is really a change of behaviour (and it may, I do not say the
> contrary), then best would be to be able to say that the change
> occured between version 4.2.x and 4.2.y where y = x+1 and not between
> 4.2.3 and 4.2.6. It may help a lot pointing out what changed.

Unfortunately I've never run 4.2.4-4.2.5 and therefore cannot comment
on when exactly the change occurred. As 4.2.4 only existed for a day
(if I recall correctly), 4.2.5 or 4.2.6 would be the likely candidate.
I might try it on test systems as soon as I have the time and the

Cheers,
Christian