[TYPO3-dev] Why are usernames converted to lowercase?

Joerg Klein joerg at klein-family.com
Thu Feb 12 19:36:40 CET 2009

Hi Steffen!

"Steffen Kamper" <info at sk-typo3.de> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:mailman.1.1234453316.15900.typo3-dev at lists.netfielders.de...
> Hi Peter,
>
> i'm sry, but this is not a good way answer questions. Do you really think
> google help with this problem? Try it yourself and you'll see.
>
> Also this is not a kind way as we are used in the community. So please try
> to be constructive.

It is nice, that also someone else sees it this way.

But @ Peter: I will add a kind of disclaimer below my posts:
I have searched Google and other available search-engines without result.
This is my reason I post here.
Please only write your answer, if you
a. have one and
b. want to descend to answering me.

> @Jörg: if you look to TCA of BE_USER you'll find this eval:
> 'eval' => 'nospace,lower,unique,required'
>
> try your luck to modify it and see if it works
>
> $TCA['be_users']['columns']['username']['config']['eval'] =
> 'nospace,unique,required';

I put the line you posted in a extTables.php and it works!
I can now enter be-usernames with capital-letters.

Steffen, can you tell me, why this is not possible by default?
Meaning: Is there now the danger that something won't work anymore?

Kind regards

Jörg