[TYPO3-dev] Why are usernames converted to lowercase?

Joerg Klein joerg at klein-family.com
Thu Feb 12 19:51:13 CET 2009

Hi Peter,

"Peter Russ" <"peter,russ"@4many.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:mailman.1.1234453776.5591.typo3-dev at lists.netfielders.de...
--- Original Nachricht ---
Absender:   Steffen Kamper
Datum:       12.02.2009 16:41:
> Hi Peter,
>
> i'm sry, but this is not a good way answer questions. Do you really think
> google help with this problem? Try it yourself and you'll see.
>
> Also this is not a kind way as we are used in the community. So please try
> to be constructive.
>
> @Jörg: if you look to TCA of BE_USER you'll find this eval:
> 'eval' => 'nospace,lower,unique,required'
>
> try your luck to modify it and see if it works
>
> $TCA['be_users']['columns']['username']['config']['eval'] =
> 'nospace,unique,required';
>
> vg Steffen

Hi Steffen,

1) Answer was reaction to the joke
Ahh, that gave me the clue:
Google ... I didn't know this existed.
2) If you read Christopher's reply from yesterday the answer was already
given. So if you search at Google you will find this answer at least ;-)

Yes, an answer was given.
And Christopher really could think that that was, what I wanted.
But when you wrote your fabulous response, I had already(!) rendered my
question more precisely.

So ... this is the first time I ask things in the mailing-lists here:
There seem to be some people who really know what they are speaking about.
But also others, some strange sect-followers maybe, who obviously are not
motivated enough to really read what the people want, but instead post their
standard-answer.
That's a pity.

Jörg