[TYPO3-dev] Why are usernames converted to lowercase?

Christopher Lörken christopher at loerken.net
Thu Feb 12 22:09:16 CET 2009

Joerg Klein schrieb:

> Steffen, can you tell me, why this is not possible by default?
> Meaning: Is there now the danger that something won't work anymore?

I'd really be interested in that myself... Why lower case and why no
spaces? Is it a security risk in some setups or why?

At least in FE, I'd always want my users to pick the names they want and
write them how they want them... Simple utf8 database and I see no
problems...

Are there any?

Cheers,
Christopher
(who as well always googles before asking questions ;))