[TYPO3-dev] Solving existing session problems - sole technical approach

Albert van der Veen albert.van.der.veen at xs4all.nl
Tue Feb 10 11:05:48 CET 2009

Hi Francois,

> I'm looking into this but I don't have the same code at all. I remember
> noticing once that the efafontsize script had changed, maybe the version
> I integrated into my extension was an older. Looking into the code it
> sure doesn't look very clean, with more than an few variable being
> initialized but not used. Weirdly enough it reads and writes *all*
> cookies, rather than just the "fontSize" cookie, no idea why...

This is indeed the cause of the login problems: efa_fontsize duplicates
the fe_typo_user and be_typo_user with different expire times (and
sometimes different domains - without the www).
Helmut Hummel has uploaded a fixed script at this bug report:
http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=10216

A sidenote: there's a blog entry on the 'Einfach fur alle' website (the
source of the original script),
http://www.einfach-fuer-alle.de/blog/id/2457/ , explaining why it is no
longer available :)

> Furthermore I notice that the script actually doesn't work on some
> sites, while it works fine on others :-(

Do you get any (javascript) errors? I use the YAML version of the script
on a couple of sites and (apart from the recently introduced session
problems) never noticed any problems.

> Anyway to bring the discussion back to the original topic, I just
> updated a web site that uses my efafontsize extension to TYPO3 4.2.5 and
> had no session problem at all even though the cookie's domain was indeed
> set as "domain.com" and not "www.domain.com".

Just wondering: did you check the 'expires' time on the fe_typo_user and
be_typo_user cookies (for example with the Webdev extension under
Firefox - 'View cookie information')?

> Cheers

grtz,
Albert