[TYPO3-dev] Solving existing session problems - sole technical approach

Francois Suter fsuter at cobweb.ch
Tue Feb 10 22:23:19 CET 2009

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback.

> This is indeed the cause of the login problems: efa_fontsize duplicates
> the fe_typo_user and be_typo_user with different expire times (and
> sometimes different domains - without the www).

I have a locally fixed version now, which just handles the "fontSize"
cookie and nothing else. But I need time to test and polish it.

> Helmut Hummel has uploaded a fixed script at this bug report:
> http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=10216
>
> A sidenote: there's a blog entry on the 'Einfach fur alle' website (the
> source of the original script),
> http://www.einfach-fuer-alle.de/blog/id/2457/ , explaining why it is no
> longer available :)

Yes, I remember reading that article. It's interesting and I agree with
the points it makes. However I have this extension out there that some
people (including me :-) ) use and it has to be updated even though
usage of such a script could indeed be easily phased out.

Cheers

--

Francois Suter