[TYPO3-dev] extJS library

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry at typo3.org
Fri Feb 6 13:39:25 CET 2009

Hi!

Denyer Ec wrote:
> My main personal concern is performance. Gmail is a heavy JS app, and
> it performs like a lame dog in Firefox on a Core Duo 2.4 with 2gb RAM.

Works perfectly fast on Mac OS X.

> My only hope is that whatever end solution is decided upon, it is fast
> and doesn't leak memory all over the place... Afterall a LOT of end
> users will operate the BE in IE6/7/8, which have the worst JS
> performance on the market.

Firsts, MSIE6 is almost dead. My stats show that it has less audience than FF3.

Secondly, I have two fully ExtJS applications on one site (portal and forum). There are nearly 21000 unique visitors daily on that site. Most use MSIE. It works ok for them. They are happy.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 core team