[TYPO3-dev] extJS library

Denyer Ec denyerec at gmail.com
Fri Feb 6 14:39:47 CET 2009

On Fri, Feb 6, 2009 at 12:39 PM, Dmitry Dulepov <dmitry at typo3.org> wrote:
>> My main personal concern is performance. Gmail is a heavy JS app, and
>> it performs like a lame dog in Firefox on a Core Duo 2.4 with 2gb RAM.
>
> Works perfectly fast on Mac OS X.

I guess ~6% of the market can sleep soundly :)

Perhaps the performance faillings I am seeing are due to the spec of
this machine, though I'd certainly hope not (2.4ghz, 2gb ram), or
perhaps some combination of extensions (Firebug, FirePHP and Webdev
Toolbar loaded currently). Or perhaps a general failling of FF2. I
tested GMail in Opera 10 and although functional, I still think there
are enough bugs in the currently nightly to prevent a judgement.

It does feel, again on this machine, that the ExtJS examples and the
one from the Ext/PHP integration project feel "sluggish" and certainly
not as snappy as one would hope a UI to be.

Do you use Safari on OSX, or Firefox?

Kind regards,
Denyer

-------