[TYPO3-dev] License issues

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry at typo3.org
Thu Feb 5 15:37:32 CET 2009

Hi!

Christian Welzel wrote:
> It would be important to me as the TYPO3-debian-maintainer, that the
> TYPO3 core is free of software compontents with licenses that are not
> compatible with
> the Debian Free Software Guidelines (DFSG).
> As Debian does not allow such software in its main repository, i would
> either
> have to remove these components from the core or i must request the
> removal of TYPO3
> from debian repository as a whole. I'm not sure if this would be in the
> interest of the
> TYPO3 community.
> So please stay with software thats licenses are listed as DFSG compatible.
> For a list of these licenses look at this page:
> http://wiki.debian.org/DFSGLicenses

Debian is one of many. If Debian does not want to have TYPO3, personally I say "hell with Debian". Their problem, not ours. Anyone can download and install TYPO3 from typo3.org if Debian is that stupid.

Also you could have used search to find that these issues do not exist before writing your message. ExtJS is GPLv2 specially for TYPO3. There is no need to create panic here.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 core team