[TYPO3-dev] License issues

Christian Welzel gawain at camlann.de
Thu Feb 5 16:17:18 CET 2009

Dmitry Dulepov schrieb:

> Debian". Their problem, not ours. Anyone can download and install TYPO3 from typo3.org if Debian
> is that stupid.

If defining rules for what someone considers "free" software is stupid, then i agree, debian
is stupid. I'm happy that people other then you dont think so.

> Also you could have used search to find that these issues do not exist before writing your
> message. ExtJS is GPLv2 specially for TYPO3. There is no need to create panic here.

I do not create panic here.
I only wanted people to be informed about consequences when mixing several licenses.
That is an issue that does not only affect debian. Not all "free" software is "free".
And yes, we already had license issues with debian and components of TYPO3 before (especially
with the icons taken from the "silk" icon set).

I do not know, if your opinion about licensing is the general opinion of the core team, but
if it so this way, we can all be looking forward to license trouble in the upcoming future.

--
MfG, Christian Welzel

   GPG-Key:     http://www.camlann.de/key.asc
   Fingerprint: 4F50 19BF 3346 36A6 CFA9 DBDC C268 6D24 70A1 AD15