[TYPO3-dev] License issues (was: extJS library)

Christian Welzel gawain at camlann.de
Thu Feb 5 11:44:46 CET 2009

Oliver Leitner schrieb:

> the Problem is, that the extJS license Differs from the gpl, thats why
> they call it open source license...

It would be important to me as the TYPO3-debian-maintainer, that the
TYPO3 core is free of software compontents with licenses that are not compatible with
the Debian Free Software Guidelines (DFSG).
As Debian does not allow such software in its main repository, i would either
have to remove these components from the core or i must request the removal of TYPO3
from debian repository as a whole. I'm not sure if this would be in the interest of the
TYPO3 community.
So please stay with software thats licenses are listed as DFSG compatible.
For a list of these licenses look at this page:
http://wiki.debian.org/DFSGLicenses

--
MfG, Christian Welzel

   GPG-Key:     http://www.camlann.de/key.asc
   Fingerprint: 4F50 19BF 3346 36A6 CFA9 DBDC C268 6D24 70A1 AD15