[TYPO3-dev] Multiple Authors of one extension

Patrick Gaumond patrick.gaumond-nospam at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 3 17:53:14 CET 2009

David Bruchmann wrote:

> When somone wants to do the work I see no reason to stop him without
> real arguments. You don't have to do anything but perhaps can profit
> from small improvements - where is the problem?

This is my last email about this.

My "real arguments" are:

1. It takes time to implement and touch sysext/core;
2. It requires CoreDev time because it touches also:
    EM, TER, API manual(or is it Inside TYPO3?);
3. I can't see any ROI* for TER showing a long list of the
    team behind an extension;
4. Using the manual to put such information has no restriction and
    manual content is fully visible on typo3.org;
5. Using the manual or ext sources gives you the "feature" right now,
    without any work for anyone.

I'm usually a "features creep" but I always think about ROI and
"universality" of the feature before lobbying for such.

Have a great evening, it's just lunchtime on my side of the ocean.
:)

Patrick

*ROI stands for "Return On Investment".