[TYPO3-dev] Multiple Authors of one extension

David Bruchmann typo3-dev at bruchmann-web.de
Thu Dec 3 18:18:46 CET 2009

----- Ursprüngliche Nachricht -----
Von:        Patrick Gaumond <patrick.gaumond-nospam at hotmail.com>
Gesendet:   Donnerstag, 3. Dezember 2009 17:53:14
An:         typo3-dev at lists.typo3.org
CC:
Betreff:    Re: [TYPO3-dev] Multiple Authors of one extension

Hi Patrick,

>> When somone wants to do the work I see no reason to stop him without
>> real arguments. You don't have to do anything but perhaps can profit
>> from small improvements - where is the problem?
>
> This is my last email about this.

God bless the queen ;-)

> My "real arguments" are:
>
> 1. It takes time to implement and touch sysext/core;

It's not yours.

> 2. It requires CoreDev time because it touches also:
>    EM, TER, API manual(or is it Inside TYPO3?);

AFAIK there is no general Feature-Stop.

> 3. I can't see any ROI* for TER showing a long list of the
>    team behind an extension;

I'm sure there're also other Features missing some ROI. It's a personal
point of view.

> 4. Using the manual to put such information has no restriction and
>    manual content is fully visible on typo3.org;

Manual is the wrong word then and should be renamed in "Documentation"
but that's not to important, you can do it tomorrow ;-)
Serious: Sure, it's a possibility but that's no reason against the other
solution.

> 5. Using the manual or ext sources gives you the "feature" right now,
>    without any work for anyone.

In other words: "I want you not to want to do the work!" - thanks ;-)

> I'm usually a "features creep" but I always think about ROI and
> "universality" of the feature before lobbying for such.
>
> Have a great evening, it's just lunchtime on my side of the ocean.
> :)

Enjoy your meal, keep care never getting to fat ;-)

> *ROI stands for "Return On Investment".

Best Regards
David