[TYPO3-dev] TYPO3 Bug Day coming up this Friday, August 29th

Franz Holzinger franz at fholzinger.com
Tue Sep 2 10:54:54 CEST 2008

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] a écrit :

>>> Therefore even _extension developers_ should be allowed to put their
>>> patches into svn trunk if they have two +1 and nobody opposes after 3
>>> weeks or has a better solution at the moment. The patch could be
>>> removed again later before the next release is published, if it did
>>> not work and nobody has been willing to fix it in time.
>>
>> No. We do not risk the stability of the TYPO3 core.
>
> Btw, if every extension developer will be allowed to commit, next
> release will have lots of security bulletins or performance issues. I
> often have to work with other extension and fix either SQL injections or
> set_no_cache() there.
The core developers have had 3 weeks to give a -1 because of such a
case. So they can concentrate more on checking only the SQL statements.
Many more patches could provide many more improvements to TYPO3. Many of
them are blocked for a undefinite long period of time.

> Think, would Linux kernel people allow any Linux developer to commit to
> the Linux kernel? What will happen then?
You cannot compare this, because the LINUX kernel is a sponsored work.
And no normal developer will want to contribute to the kernel, but
rather to the desktop environment like KDE and GNOME.

Franz