[TYPO3-dev] TYPO3 Bug Day coming up this Friday, August 29th

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] dmitry at typo3.org
Tue Sep 2 10:32:54 CEST 2008

Hi!

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] wrote:
>> Therefore even _extension developers_ should be allowed to put their
>> patches into svn trunk if they have two +1 and nobody opposes after 3
>> weeks or has a better solution at the moment. The patch could be
>> removed again later before the next release is published, if it did
>> not work and nobody has been willing to fix it in time.
>
> No. We do not risk the stability of the TYPO3 core.

Btw, if every extension developer will be allowed to commit, next release will have lots of security bulletins or performance issues. I often have to work with other extension and fix either SQL injections or set_no_cache() there.

Think, would Linux kernel people allow any Linux developer to commit to the Linux kernel? What will happen then?

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 Core team