[TYPO3-dev] TYPO3 Bug Day coming up this Friday, August 29th

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] dmitry at typo3.org
Tue Sep 2 11:34:04 CEST 2008

Hi!

Franz Holzinger wrote:
> The core developers have had 3 weeks to give a -1 because of such a
> case. So they can concentrate more on checking only the SQL statements.
> Many more patches could provide many more improvements to TYPO3. Many of
> them are blocked for a undefinite long period of time.

I know. Some of mine are blocked for years now and I apply them manually for each new version at my servers.

But still some patches are turned down because they do harm to other parts of the system. We cannot let that happen. It may hit business of companies who use TYPO3.

>> Think, would Linux kernel people allow any Linux developer to commit
>> to the Linux kernel? What will happen then?
> You cannot compare this, because the LINUX kernel is a sponsored work.
> And no normal developer will want to contribute to the kernel, but
> rather to the desktop environment like KDE and GNOME.

Some work for TYPO3 core is also sponsored. Unfortunately TYPO3 association does not care about v4 any more and they sponsor only v5 :( So it is all in the hands of 3rd party interested companies...

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 Core team