[TYPO3-dev] Brandnew Mailformplus

Jochen Rau j.rau at web.de
Thu Oct 9 09:39:27 CEST 2008

Hi Reinhard,

I recently checked out your sources from forge and walked through the
code a little bit. I must say I'm very impressed about your work.

> The extension got completely rewritten and uses FLOW3 via the backport
> written by Jochen Rau available as "gimmefive".

I'm glad to hear EXT:gimmefive is useful for you. You should consider
that "EXT:gimmefive" in the TER (v0.3.0) is different from
"gimmefive/trunk" on forge.typo3.org.

EXT:gimmefive (TER) is a _backport_ of some components of FLOW3. I have
adapted some code of the component manager and the package manager to
work with TYPO3 V4. For this reason, it's completely independent from
FLOW3 (you don't even need FLOW3 on your server).

gimmevife/trunk (forge) is a bridge to FLOW3. It requires the sources of
FLOW3 on the server. Due to major changes of FLOW3 (persistance
framework, namespaces, component factory) and minor improverments (e.g.
a check for "F3_" as suffix for classes) gimmefive/trunk isn't working
together with the latest revisions of FLOW3.

so, use EXT:gimmefive as a stable "base" to experiment with components
and MVC and dont't upgrade to gimmefive/trunk at the moment. I will fix
gimmefive/trunk next week. By then you can dig deeper into FLOW3 and
adapt your code to the latest paradigms of FLOW3.

> I'm looking forward to getting feedback from you guys.

I will give you feedback asap.

Greetings
Jochen