[TYPO3-dev] jQuery adoption by MS

Martin Kutschker masi-no at spam-typo3.org
Wed Oct 1 09:46:24 CEST 2008

Patrick Gaumond schrieb:

> Without using expressions like "end of the JS framework war", do you
> think it will have an impact on TYPO3's development/coding future ?

jQuery is still a mess when it comes to widgets. It's not easy to pick
the best for a certain task. I imagine an ever growing list of widgets
in the Core that do the same just because we add a new one for a TYPO3
release but don't dare to remove the old ones to be "backwards compatible".

I'd choose jQuery any day for a standalone site, but currently I think
that extJS servers TYPO3 (for the Core!) better.

Masi