[TYPO3-dev] Static templates in 4.2/4.3 ?

Christopher Torgalson bedlamhotel at gmail.com
Sun May 4 18:40:50 CEST 2008

Hi,

On Sun, May 4, 2008 at 6:32 PM, Xavier Perseguers <typo3 at perseguers.ch> wrote:

<snip>

>  I think storing TS externally is necessary as the code becomes very very
>  long with time and it is difficult to edit.

<snip>

You need to explore the field in the template record called "Include
basis templates"--it allows you to include other TS templates into the
main one. The result is much like what you achieve by including
external files, except that you have better access to them from within
TYPO3, *and* you can use versioning on them (if you're not already
using CVS, SVN etc on the include files that is).

--
Christopher Torgalson
http://www.typo3apprentice.com/