[TYPO3-dev] Static templates in 4.2/4.3 ?

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Sun May 4 18:32:11 CEST 2008

Hi,

>> for production you're right. But for learning / testing etc it's good
>> to have some examples. They also show some basic techniques like
>> creating menus, using IM-generted things, using content_frames etc
>
> it is not only helpful regarding this. This is also a necessary step to
> extend our user and developer community - just have a look at other
> projects!

I think it would be nice to have somewhere best practices regarding how
to arrange files, TS and so on. The video Steffen created shows a
"templates" directory in fileadmin with a subfolder with the template
name. That is the way TV works. But personnaly I go one step further and
create a "ts" directory inside, next to the "css", the "images" and the
"js" subdirectories containing .txt files for my whole TS configuration.
I have a config.txt, a templavoila.txt, ... and I include them in
template TS with TS file inclusion code. Further, my constants contain
comments before in order to be able to edit them confortably from
Constant Editor.

I think storing TS externally is necessary as the code becomes very very
long with time and it is difficult to edit.

Regards

--
Xavier Perseguers
http://xavier.perseguers.ch/en